Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Making Time

Not enough time
We are swiftly closing 2009, and my desire for 2010 has not changed: I want to get more organized. It seems that no matter how much I declutter, purge, categorize, pile, sort, sift, manipulate, turn in disgusting circles, get desperate for change: I still need to get organized. I used to think that if I had this size plastic container, or that file box, or those colored files, that my life would somehow, miraculously become functional and efficient. But, alas, this is not the case. I discussed it with the Lord, actually, I whined and complained to the Lord would be more accurate, about not having enough time to do all the things I needed to do. I proceeded in giving him my to do list and as the minutes ticked on, he listened. When I was quite finished and knowing that the Lord could wave his majestic wand over my dilemma and fix it. (hold the mayo please) I stopped praying.
Divine Revelation
When I looked up at the time, I had divine revelation, there are only 12 numbers on the clock and the minute hand goes around twice for every day. It never varies, it goes in the same direction taking one second at the time. No matter what happens, all over the world, there are twenty-four hours in a day. So, why is it that some people have it all together, and others struggle with managing time?
Priorities
The only thing that changes are our priorities. If something is important to us, we focus on it and nothing can deter us away from completing it. I get distracted on the small things that gooble away my valuable time that can't be redeemed. Remember, the clock hands move forward always. When I try to juggle too many things, I end up dropping things that are important to hold on to. I have learned to hold on to the things of value and take care of those things first. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God..." With the remaining time, I can work on the other projects in my life.
Just for Today
I will seek the Lord in the morning, making time to be in His presence before I start my day.
I will take care of business and do it as unto the Lord.
I will trust in the Lord and lean not to my own understanding.
I will have confidence in the plans that the Lord has for me and this ministry, always moving forward one second at the time.

Making time is not something that we can do, because the Lord has already done that, now we must use his creation of time for his glory.

No comments: